Information Systems Testing Technician
In order to continue offering customers with the most highly functioning and reliable integrated security solutions that current technology permits, we are hiring for a position at Altech Security Integration Inc. in the role of Information Systems Testing Technician. This role requires the integration of new technologies, control equipment, hardware and software into existing product suite to develop marketable solutions and product offerings. In addition, responsibilities will include the development and documentation of software testing plans, the configuration of operating system software in preparation for testing, the installation of software and hardware configuration.
- Collaborate with product manufacturers and suppliers, service technicians, installation and administrative counterparts.
- Maintain continuing interest in education including maintaining current product knowledge of security and control systems being offered by competitors. Stay proactive with keeping on top of industry trends and technologies.
- Develop and document software testing plans, configure operating system software in preparation for testing, complete testing and troubleshooting in a timely manner.
- Prepare technical installation, setup and troubleshooting procedures for field technicians and end user instructions.
- Work with management to design customized security solutions for clients and prospective clients.
- Provide security consultations to customers that include design, scope of work, theory of operation and solution integration.
- Test software and hardware integrations that compliment existing solutions and services to prepare technologies for cross selling opportunities.
- College degree relating to computer science required.
- Experience configuring API’s and SQL Databases, and writing custom script for their management.
- A competent understanding of integrated security technologies including; access control systems, video surveillance systems, video management systems, fire monitoring systems, security alarm systems, telephone systems, time and attendance systems, intercom systems, visitor management systems, guard tour systems and server-based integration systems such as Win-Pak and ProWatch. Minimum 3 years experience in the industry required.
- Proficient in basic customer management systems and Microsoft suite etc.
- Professional demeanor and detail oriented.
- Ability to maintain a safe and organized work area by observing all safety policies and procedures.
- Exceptional communication and documentation skills.
- Highly motivated and a self-starter with good time management and planning skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Results driven
- Team oriented
- Forward thinker